At Ocean Kayak our mission is to deliver innovative designs, manufacture quality kayaks and deliver first class customer service. We have been working to deliver this consistently since 1971.
We didn’t invent the original sit-on-top kayak but we’d like to think that over the years we have perfected it.
Innovation is one of our primary missions when we design our kayaks. Here are just a few of Ocean Kayak's innovation examples:
- Rotomolded sit-on-top kayaks — Ocean Kayak was one of the first brands to start manufacturing and distributing rotationally molded sit-on-top kayaks.
- Our Malibu Two is one of the world's most popular sit-on-top kayaks. Why? Our design innovation feature of overlapping foot wells that allow one, two and even three people (a smaller person in the middle) to fit comfortably in a compact tandem.
- The Venus series offers the first sit-on-tops that were specifically designed for women.
- Stackable hulls — several of our models were designed to be stacked. This allows for easier storage.
- Our Trident series, Trident Ultra series and Prowler T series offer some of the most unique features designed by kayak anglers for kayak anglers.
- The Torque Series features a motor designed into the sit-on-top kayak.
- A sit-on-top with a window to the underwater world can be found on our Peekaboo kayaks.
Our manufacturing process has a series of check lists that ensure our kayaks meet our quality standards. We water test every kayak before it is wrapped up and shipped out. This process allows us to double check the kayak for any manufacturing inconsistencies.
We take customer service seriously. You can call, email or Facebook your question to us and we will do our best to respond in a timely matter. We want to make sure you are happy with your Ocean Kayak and continue to be a loyal customer for years to come.
We work hard to make sure we are meeting or exceeding our mission goals every day so you can enjoy your Ocean Kayak every day. As a result of our over 40 years of effort, today's sit-on-tops are safer, comfortable, versatile, durable and much more enjoyable. No need to say thanks, though. Just get out there and have fun.